Monday 17 September 2012

The Alternative Wedding Fair.

So, you may or may not know, but I am eventually planning on getting married. I've been engaged just over a year now, been with the love of my life for 12 years in November. So its probably about time that we finally sorted it out. 

To be honest, I've been totally overwhelmed by the whole "Wedding Planning" idea. I am fairly sure what I want in terms of the era I want my wedding to be from, I have an idea of the style of clothing we both plan on wearing, I'm fairly sure that its going to be small and intimate but beyond that? No idea about the logistics like booking a venue, flowers, decorations, photography, catering and the likes.

So the Alternative Wedding Fair by the lovely ladies over on Quirky Weddings came around at just the right time.

Firstly, my face for the day, since it was the Alternative Wedding Fair, I thought I best go full out 50's :)



We arrived at about 1pm and there was a queue OUT THE DOOR of people waiting to wander up the red carpet to the wonderful delights that awaited inside. And delighted I was - let me take you through a few of my favourite exhibitors. 

(All pictures gratefully borrowed from Quirky Weddings, unless stated otherwise!)


I actually SQUEALED what I saw the Superman based cake to the right of the picture, and excitedly grabbed the boy and gestured frantically, all the while exclaiming that we could have a SuperBat cake and wouldn't that be absolutely amazing! I've long thought about the cake and had decided pretty early on that it was not going to be your bog standard white wedding cake with pretty flowers and standard boring piping. I wanted something that really catches the attention of everyone and I honestly think that the crew at Crumbs Cakes have the skill to do just that.






Oh. My. Dear. Lord. It's fortuitous that the picture on the QW is this dress. For this is the dress that I have fallen head over heels for. It literally stopped me in my tracks and took my breath away. I always knew that I wanted a 50's tea style dress, lots of petticoats, lots of floof but I really really want sleeves. Now obviously this dress does not have sleeves, but here's the kicker. The talented girls at Lizzie Agnew make every dress to order. To your exact measurements, your exact style, your design can come to lift. Who doesn't want the most perfect wedding dress for their big day? What can be more perfect than the dress you have day dreamed about direct from your head!




If you need headwear for your big day then THIS is where you need to go. Especially if you want something a bit vintage-y or just plain old show stopping. The headpieces are so adorable, from big and bold to small and subtle but designed to your own specifications with your colour schemes and your vision in mind. (It doesn't hurt that Nicola is quite frankly ADORABLE.)



AAAAAAH! HAND PAINTED MATCHING CONVERSE FOR THE WEDDING. That was all I could say when I was looking over their photo book, suddenly I had 101 ideas for designs that we could both get, poor Colin just nodded and smiled at me as I babbled on about Sailor Jerry and Superman and Batman and DEADPOOL.

(picture from their Epic Wedding Gallery)


The feel of these photographs is just beautiful. Lovely soft muted tones, sepia steeped vintage feeling and just truly stunning camera angles and vision. I loved how creative these guys seem to be, their gallery is full of so many non traditional weddings and engagement shoots that are just breathtaking.



There are SO MANY more that  could post here but to be fair we'd be here all day and I think you'd probably give up and go home, so keep an eye out for a 2nd post from me, with the last of my favourites from the Fair :)





No comments:

Post a Comment