Wednesday 19 September 2012

The Alternative Wedding Fair, Pt 2!

So. There was far too much for me to put into one Blog post from the fab Alternative Wedding Fair last week, so I had to split it into two. 

Lets get stuck right in!




This is such an adorable little venue. Small, quaint, rural(ish) on the outskirts of Lisburn and not your standard wedding venue I think! It looks very cute, almost dare I say dinky, and I think this could be a very promising venue to dress up and really make your own :D






Gorgeous bespoke stationery for your big day - the samples on here are just to die for! It seems if you can dream it, these guys can create it. Want a soft pastel watercolour theme? No problem? Love the style of the 50's and Art Deco? Not a problem at all!  Some really really gorgeous examples here that I would be happy to have gracing the doormats of my family and friends to invite them to my big day!



Debbie gets two pictures, to show you JUST how versatile she is. Super, Sexy, Starlet nails are an absolute MUST for any bride but why not make a statement? You want adborably cute and geeky? Look at those Stormtrooper nails! Sexy sleek and sophisticated? Those dog tooth nails are simply drool worthy! Debbie is also adorable, so full of energy, fun and super awesome ideas - to be honest I don't think you even need to be getting married - get an appointment booked PRONTO!


For someone looking for something a little different in a wedding ring, the market isn't particularly great I have to say! So the appeal behind being able to MAKE my own ring? It seems like the best idea ever! Hot fire, lots of hammering and forging your own design, again plucked stright from you head, into something you will wear for the rest of your life? How romantic is that?


"I want a party with roomfuls of laughter! Ten thousand tonnes of ice creaaaaam!"

I actually couldn't choose between these two! They are both DELIGHTFUL and such an awesome idea! I had seen sweet centre pieces before, but seeing these two just really really sold me on the idea! Beautiful topiary of flying saucers, jars filled with jelly beans and candies. Jelly Strawberries! The tastes of my childhood and such a fab funky idea to share with my guests (plus I can keep the left overs!)



I LOVE flowers. In fact my favourite flowers are Gerbera Daisies. However I have a problem. I have HORRENDOUS hayfever. Flowers make my nose itch, my eyes stream and the sneezes! You wouldn't believe the sneezes. On my Wedding day I am supposed to be graceful, beautiful and composed, radiant with beauty. So you see my problem! A Paper Rose is a beautiful graceful solution to my issue - a gorgeous bouquet to walk down the aisle with, none of the nasty flower side effects! You can have fabric as well as paper, meaning you can match your flowers to the theme of your wedding! 

So, thats my round up of my favourite exhibitors at the Quirky Wedding Fair! I hope you enjoyed this little walk through with me <3


3 comments:

  1. Thank you do much for these posts. You are just the kind of person we exist for. So glad you liked the fair and got so many ideas. If you spot anyone you think would be an awesome exhibitor at February's fair please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cate for taking the time to make such a fabulous fair! I'll certainly be keeping an eye out and firing any ideas your way <3

      Delete
  2. Hi Tracy, Thanks so much for the really lovely mention! Fantastic feeling when people 'get' what we do! When you get to stationery on your wedding list we'd love to help you out! x

    ReplyDelete